About Melmak – Theory of Operation
The Melmak device is a Low Intensity Pulsed Ultrasound (LIPUS) device. LIPUS is a non-invasive ultrasound technology that is administered directly against the skin, sending a mechanical force through the tissue to stimulate cell reproduction and bone healing. This small ultrasound force is small enough not to cause any pain, yet large enough to speed healing of bone fractures by 38%.
As well as activating cell reproduction LIPUS also enhances cellular behaviour and protein expression at the fracture site.
The Melmak LIPUS device is a convenient 20 minute once per day treatment shown to accelerate the healing:
- Fresh Fractures by 38% (related clinical trials)
- Delayed/Non-union fractures by 86% (related clinical trials)
Once positioned over the fracture site operating the Melmak device takes a simple press of a button.
The Melmak device has provided proven results for over 20 years with no known side effects.
Is Melmak Right For You?
Specifically designed for self-treatment, LIPUS devices can be used in the comfort of your own home or office with no supervision from a medical professional.
Only 20 minutes per day is proven to advance the healing of fresh, delayed, and non-union fractures.
Fractures the Melmak device can treat:
- Humerous / Radius
- Scaphoid / Hand / Wrist
- Femur, Tibia & Fibula
- Foot & Ankle
Melmak can help those with additional risk factures such as:
- Advanced age
- High impact fractures
- High risk fractures
- Concomitant medications
- NSAID use (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
How To Get a Melmak
Melmak kits are available to patients directly or through a healthcare provider
- Ask your Doctor or Physio for Melmak
- Get fitted with the device
- Contact us and start using Melmak from home
Buy a Melmak
Melmak kits can be purchased from Sports Health for $3,950 + GST
Each kit includes:
Control unit and transducer
Tested and validated for 1500 treatments. This model Transducer transmits a low intensity, high frequency pulsed
ultrasound signal through the patient’s skin to the fracture site to be treated.
Transducer cable length 1.5m.
250 gram bottle. Gel must be applied to
Transducer head prior to all treatment
to enable ultrasound signal to pass from
Transducer through skin to the fracture
site. Only use Gel supplied by Sports Health.
Assembled transducer holder and straps
Used to position ultrasound Transducer
over fracture site
For cast application
Instructions for use manual
USB compatible cable is used for charging the internal non-replaceable battery of the Melmak Device. Length 1.8m.
- Ultrasound frequency f: 1.5+-5% MHz
- Repetition Rate REF:1.0+-10% KHz
- Accusonic power P1: 116mW
- Power supply-Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery:3.7 DCV nominal
- Beam Non-uniform Ration RBN <6
- Waveform: Pulsed
- Effective Accusonic Radiating Area Aer: 3.88cm2
- Duty factor DF: 5
- Time Average Intensity: 6
- Weight (Control Unit including Transducer):approximately: 285g